TheSage's English Dictionary and Thesaurus is a complete dictionary and multifaceted thesaurus of the English language.
TheSage is easy to install and free for personal use.
TheSage is a Windows application, 100% portable, that runs locally and does not use your Internet connection.
TheSage's content includes:
- An index of ~250,000 words.
- ~320,000 senses.
- ~101,000 etymologies.
- A thesaurus with ~1,900,000 relationships, including synonyms, antonyms, hypernyms, hyponyms, meronyms, holonyms,...
- ~77,000 examples of use.
- ~186,000 phonetic transcriptions.
- Altogether, TheSage contains approximately 15.9 million words (as a corpus).
TheSage's tools include:
- Speller assistant.
- Wildcard search: standard and regex.
- Anagram search.
- Etymologer: keyword and sense searches.
- Multiple formats: e-paper, classic, retro views.
- Phonetic search: standard and regex.
- Rhyme assistant: assonant, consonant, full.
- Definition and example concordancers.
- Online search.
- Word list manager.
Please use a desktop or laptop to visit our main website, learn more about TheSage, and download it at sequencepublishing.com